As rumored the Chinese smartphone brand LEAGOO has entered in Nepali market. Being fairly new and less recognized in the global market, LEAGOO has upped their game by introducing smartphones with better features at a comfortable price. The company has introduced a whole range of devices in Nepal with varying price range and features including a fingerprint scanner, auto-focus cameras, and screen protection.
Currently, JSS Group is responsible for sales and distribution of LEAGOO smartphones in Nepal and has released phones of 4 different series ranging from cheap feature phones to mid-range and high-end devices.
The feature phones with low-end configuration fall into this series with a minimum price of Rs. 5,700. Z series is for budget-minded users with no particular expectations from their phones except making calls and some low-end smartphone experience.
- Z1 — Rs. 5,700 : 4-inch FWVGA Display, 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB ROM, Camera (3MP and 2MP), 1400mAh Battery, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, WiFi, 3G network
- Z3 — Rs. 6,150 : 4.5-inch, IPS LCD Display, 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB ROM (32GB expandable), Camera (2MP and 2MP), Battery 1800mAh, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, WiFi, 2G, 3G network dual sim
- Z5 — Rs. 7,199 : 5-inch FWVGA, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM (32GB expandable), 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor, Camera (5MP w/ flash and 2MP), Battery 2300mAh, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, WiFi, WCDMA/GSM network
- Z5 LTE (4G) — Rs. 9,999 : Same as Z5 with additional 4G support.
There’s only one phone in this series, namely Shark 1 Lite offering high battery capacity. The phone offers a 5000 mAh battery and costs Rs. 13,799. It sports a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display with 1 GB RAM and 8GB internal storage(expandable to 32 GB). The phone is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor and packs a 13 MP back camera and 8 MP selfie-snapper. The behemoth battery brings a better screen-on time and also serves as a power bank of sorts to charge other phones.
The M Series from the company brings durability including the shock proof displays and batteries. M5, one of the three phones, has a 5-inch IPS LCD HD display and costs Rs. 11,999 in Nepal. The phone has a similar 1.3 GHz quad-core processor and packs an 8MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera. Surprisingly, the phone also features a fingerprint sensor which simply sweetens the deal. In terms of memory, the phone is backed up by 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. The whole phone drags the power from a 2300 mAh battery.
Other two phones in this series are M8 and M5+ which have larger screens and cost NRs. 15,499 and NRs. 16,599 respectively. M8 has a 5.7-inch display and fast charging for it’s 3340 mAh battery whereas M5+ has a 5.5-inch display with 2500 mAh battery with other features similar to the M5.
T series from the company consists mid-range and high-end phones with T10 being the most expensive one. T10 has a unibody metal design with a 5.7 ” FULL HD LCD display. The phone is powered by MediaTek’s MT6797(Helio X20) 2.3 GHz deca-core processor with 4GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage(expandable up to 128 GB). Camera wise, the handset sports a 13 MP rear sensor, while selfies are taken care by an impressive 13 MP front camera. The phone runs on Android 6.0 with LEAGOO OS 2.1 skinned on top and has a 3500 mAh battery. The phone is currently priced at Rs. 49,999 in Nepal.
- T1 — 5.0-inch HD IPS 2.5D Display, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM (128GB Expandable), 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor, Rear Camera 13mp w/ Dual Flash + 8mp front, Fingerprint scanner, 2400mAh Battery (Rs.19,899)
- T1+ — 5.5-inch HD IPS 2.5D Display, 3GB RAM,16GB ROM (128GB Expandable), 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor, Camera-Rear 13mp/Dual Flash + Front 13mp AF, Fingerprint scanner, 2660mAh Li-Polymer Battery (Rs. 24,999)
With growing acceptance of Chinese brands around the world and in Nepal, LEAGOO smartphones can be a viable option for users willing to try a new brand for some extra features in low price. Though, we are yet to see how the brand performs in Nepali market with established competitors like Samsung and Huawei reigning current market shares.