Samsung Mobile Nepal has officially unveiled the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro in Nepal. The entry-level phone from the company is priced at Rs. 15,900 in Nepal and comes with decent specs. The smartphone can be purchased from authorized stores located across the nation.
The design of the Galaxy J2 Pro resembles the previously launched Galaxy J2 2016 — it has a plastic body and metal frame, while there’s also a Smart LED Glow Ring which acts like a notification LED during incoming calls or alerts. The phone sports a 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display which offers richer colors.
Underneath sits the mediocre 32-bit Spreadtrum SC8830 chipset clocked at 1.5GHz(which strikes its resemblance with J2 2016), while Samsung has upgraded the RAM to 2GB as opposed to the 1.5GB present in the Galaxy J2 2016. Storage option of the phone includes 16GB internals which can also be expanded via a microSD card slot. Although the phone is not a powerhouse in terms of processing, Samsung has implemented its own Turbo Speed Technology to boost the performance of the phone which basically closes the app running in the background.
Shifting focus to the imaging department, the handset boasts an average 8MP camera the back with autofocus and LED flash, while selfies are taken care by a 5MP camera at the front. The whole phone boots on a dated Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with some handy Samsung features like Ultra data & power saving mode and S-Bike Mode. The phone draws its juice from a 2600mAh battery inside.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro Specs Highlight
- Display: 5-inch 720p Super AMOLED display
- Chipset: Spreadtrum SC8830 quad-core chipset clocked @ 1.5GHz
- Memory: 2GB RAM & 16GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash / 5 MP
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0 port
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, gyro
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery