After launching the new Mi 6, Vatsal Impex, the sole distributors of Xiaomi phones in Nepal has quickly followed up with the new Mi Max 2 in Nepal. The device is currently available for pre-orders with a price tag of Rs. 34,999. Interested users can pre-order the device from Daraz(Kaymu) and get it within 3-4 business days, once launched.
As far as specs are concerned, the handset sports a giant 6.44-inch IPS LCD display protected with a layer of Gorilla Glass 4. Under the hood, there’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset accompanied by 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
Optics wise, the smartphone shines a 12MP Sony IMX386 sensor with an aperture rate of f/2.2, PDAF, and dual-LED flash. As for selfies, there’s a 5MP camera, up front with f/2.0 aperture. Other noticeable feature includes a fingerprint scanner at the back, just below the camera. There’s also NFC, as well as a handy infrared port to control your electronic devices.
Connectivity wise, the phone supports a dual-SIM slot with 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, dual-band WiFi, A-GPS, and USB Type-C port for exchanging data. The new Mi Max 2 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat on top of MIUI 8 and is on the verge of receiving the new MIUI 9 update. Powering the phone is a decent 5300mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.44″ IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 342ppi;.
- Rear Camera: 12MP Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.2, PDAF, dual-LED flash, autofocus
- Front camera: 5MP, f/2.0
- OS/Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat; MIUI 8(upgradable to MIUI 9).
- CPU/ GPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 2.0GHz octa-core CPU; Adreno 506 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB RAM; 64GB storage (expandable up to 256GB).
- Battery: 5300mAh Li-Ion, fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; USB Type-C (v1.0); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; NFC; Bluetooth 4.2.