The OnePlus 5T is a significant upgrade to its predecessor and comes with a beautiful display, powerful internal specs, and an unbeatable software experience.
iHub Pvt. Ltd., the official distributors of OnePlus smartphones in Nepal has taken the wrap of the new OnePlus 5T in Nepal. The 5T, being a successor to the previously launched OnePlus 5 comes with some drastic changes, especially at the front.
Nothing but the design
There’s an obvious change at the front. The phone now comes with a 6-inch Optic AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 18:9; making it a bit futuristic than its brother. The eye-catching display, though still comes with a 1080p resolution (2160 x 1080 pixel). A bezel-less display means less room for buttons, which has allowed OnePlus to shift its fingerprint scanner from the front to the back.
The facial scanner
However, the fingerprint scanner has an alternative in the form of a facial scanner. The phone makes use of 100 facial features providing a ridiculous read speed of 0.4 seconds. Impressively enough, the technology works in dark environment too and is faster than the iPhone X‘s Face ID.
All about the camera
Let’s talk about the camera here. The phone boasts a dual camera setup at the rear. Though, OnePlus has axed its predecessor’s telephoto lens in favour of an improved low-light performance and portrait mode. Out of two, the first lens bears 16MP sensor, whilst the second has a 20MP sensor. Nonetheless, both sensor comes with a similar aperture of f/1.7.
The optics will allow the phone to capture portrait images without any need for cropping. Similarly, the phone will also automatically make use of its second sensor in case of poor lighting condition, while at the same it uses its Intelligent Pixel Tech. The tech allows the phone to combine four pixels into one to reduce noise and lines.
Internally, the phone’s nearly similar to its predecessor. Underneath sits the Snapdragon 835 chipset with Adreno 540 GPU. Powering the phone is a similar 3,300mAh battery with Dash Charge support, whereas the phone boots on Android 7.1.1 Nougat on top of Oxygen OS 4.7 with Oreo upgrade on the line.
Price in Nepal
As for the pricing, the phone comes in two variant. The first being the 6GB RAM/ 64GB ROM which is priced at Rs. 64,900, and the second one with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of ROM is priced at Rs. 72,900. Remember, there ain’t no card slot so choose your variant wisely.
OnePlus 5T Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.01-inch Optic AMOLED, 2160×1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi; sRGB/DCI-P3 color space support.
- Rear cameras: First camera: 16MP, Sony IMX398 sensor, 1.12µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, EIS; multi-shot noise reduction. Secondary camera:20MP, Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture.
- Front camera: 16MP, Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat; OxygenOS 4.7
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835; octa-core CPU (Kryo 280, 4×2.45GHz + 4×1.9GHz).
- GPU: Adreno 540 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of LPDDR4X RAM; 64/128GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po battery; Dash Charge.
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 64,900 for 6GB RAM/ 64GB ROM; Rs. 72,900 for 8GB RAM/ 128GB ROM.