Xiaomi’s new Redmi 5A has officially hit the Nepali market — courtesy of Vatsal Impex Pvt. Ltd. — the authorized distributors of Xiaomi products in Nepal. The budget-oriented phone comes with some basic features suitable for those who are jumping from horde to Android platform for the first time.
Update: Xiaomi Redmi 5A is now available for Rs. 11,999 in Nepal.
As far as specs are concerned, there’s a 5-inch 720p display resulting in a pixel density of 296ppi. Powering the phone is Snapdragon 425 chipset accompanied by 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage.
Shifting backwards, there’s 13MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, and LED flash. For selfies, the Redmi 5A has a 5MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
The phone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat on top of MIUI 9. The 3,000mAh battery packed inside does enough to last the phone with 8 days of standby time. For the pricing, the Xiaomi Redmi 5A will go on sale for Rs. 13,999 in Nepal.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specs Highlight
- Display: 5-inch, 720×1280 pixel resolution, 296ppi.
- Rear camera: 13MP rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus, LED flash.
- Front camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture.
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat; MIUI 9.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 425, 1.4GHz.
- GPU: Adreno 308 GPU.
- Memory: 2GB of RAM; 16GB of internal storage; expandable via microSD card up to 256GB.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion battery.