Xiaomi‘s authorized distributors Vatsal Impex has unveiled the new Redmi 5 Plus in Nepal. The move now bolsters the company’s mid-range lineup mostly due to the bezel-less display the phone packs.
Built with metal, the phone has a nice 5.99-inch 18:9 IPS LCD display which results in a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. Inside sits Xiaomi’s beloved Snapdragon 625 chipset with 3 gigs of RAM and 32GB of ROM; it’s expandable via microSD card. The processor is powerful enough and does justice to the exterior of the phone.
While companies have been hogging towards the dual-camera hype, Xiaomi sits there quietly without igniting the attention. And that’s no different with the Redmi 5 Plus. The phone has a single 12MP sensor at the back with f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel size, PDAF, and dual-LED dual-tone flash. The front has an average 5MP camera capable of capturing videos at 1080p.
Out of the box, the phone boots on Android 7.1.2 Nougat with a planned upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo in near future, whilst the MIUI 9 is there from Xiaomi’s side. The 4,000mAh battery is capable of providing the juice that the phone needs for up to credible time.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Price in Nepal
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will go on sale for Rs. 23,499 in Nepal and can be purchased through the company’s outlet at LABIM Mall or their official website. Unfortunately, there ain’t no offer this time.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS LCD, 2160×1080 pixel resolution, 403ppi pixel density.
- Rear camera: 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel, PDAF, dual-LED dual-tone flashlight.
- Front camera: 5MP.
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat, MIUI 9; planned upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625; octa-core 2.0 GHz, Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU.
- Memory: 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage; expandable up to 128GB.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Port: Micro USB 2.0.
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 23,499.