OPPO has officially unveiled the new A71 (2018) in Nepal. Being a successor to last years A71, the 2018 variant of the mid-range handset comes with some noticeable changes, mostly on the hardware side.
While the phone’s design and display size (5.2-inch) is identical to its predecessor, changes can be seen in terms of internals. The phone now rocks a much powerful Snapdragon 450 chipset as opposed to A71’s MediaTek chipset. The RAM and the storage though remains intact at 3GB and 16GB. However, oddly enough, as of now only 2GB variant is available in Nepal.
The camera of the phone is nothing to be surprised at either. It just boasts a similar 13MP setup at the rear with f/2.2 aperture, while selfies are taken care by an average 5MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture.
Unfortunately, the phone still runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box on top of OPPO’s heavily customized UI. The size of the battery is also similar to last year — i.e. 3,000mAh battery.
Aside from the chipset, the only thing that has changed is its price. The OPPO A71 (2018) can now be purchased for Rs. 15,990 in Nepal.
OPPO A71 (2018) Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS LCD, 720×1280 pixel resolution.
- Rear camera: 13MP rear camera, LED flash, f/2.2 aperture.
- Front camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture.
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Chipset/CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450; 1.8 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 2GB or 3GB of RAM; 16GB of internal storage; expandable via microSD card.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 15,990.