The day has arrived. After loads of rumors and leaks, Xiaomi’s new beauty, the Mi Mix 2s has been officially unveiled in China. The Mi Mix 2s, being a successor to last year’s Mi Mix 2 comes with a superior processor and a dual-camera setup which was lacking from its previous prodigies.
Let’s see the crown jewel of the phone; its screen. The device now comes with a better scree-to-body ratio as opposed to its previous counterparts. This can be seen on its chin, which is now a bit smaller. Above it is the gorgeous 5.99-inch 18:9 FullHD+ display, something every user would rave about. And then there’s a unique ceramic back, assured to give you every bit of premium-esque feel.
At the rear is where you start to see some changes. The Mi Mix 2s is now dual-camera enabled; this was significantly missing from last year’s Mi Mix 2. Out of the pair of the 12MP camera, the first one comes with 1.4um pixel size and f/1.8 aperture. The second one has a f/2.4 aperture and 1um pixel size. Both sensors and the dual pixel technology of the device cohesively work to offer a quick and accurate autofocus. The dual-camera also has an AI which detects 206 scenes across 25 categories and capture portrait images.
Despite the significant bump in rear camera specs, the front still stays low with 5MP selfie shooter with f/2.0 aperture.
Internally, the Mi Mix 2s sees an upgrade either. It now comes with Snapdragon 845 chipset as seen on every other flagship this year. The powerful new chipset offers a significant upgrade — on power, performance, and battery saving tech — over the Snapdragon 835 chipset. All in all, we can say that the internals of the phone totally does a justice to the company’s award-winning design. The glass back also supports Qi Wireless charging.
With all the perks, the Mi Mix 2s has definitely its own downside. Some of them being, the lack of IP rating and a headphone jack, which is still vital for audiophiles.
The phone packs a decent 3,400mAh battery which can be charged over USB Type-C port. It also supports QuickCharge 3. Aside from that, the dual-SIM phone supports Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band WiFi, and NFC.
The Mi Mix 2s comes in three storage variants — 6GB RAM and 64GB storage, 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, and the last being the 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The bummer here is that none of the variants has a microSD card slot.
As for the pricing, the base variant is priced at $530, the 6GB/128GB will be priced $575, while the top-end model will cost $640 with a free wireless charger. The handset will go on sale from April in China, while the availability of it in Nepal is still unknown.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS LCD, 2160×1080 pixel resolution, 403ppi;
- Rear camera: Dual 12MP, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4 µm,1/2.55″ + 12MP, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0 µm, 1/2.9″, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, 4-axis OIS, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Front camera: 5MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4µm
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo; MIUI 9.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845; octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB storage; 8GB RAM, 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
- Battery: 3,400mAh Li-Ion battery; Quick Charge 3.0.
- Sensors: Ultrasonic proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Ambient light sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer.