Vatsal Impex has launched the new Redmi 5 in Nepal. The new phone, though small comes with a FullView display and a superior build quality akin to its big brother Redmi 5 Plus (which was launched a month ago in Nepal).
The budget-centric phone is what most of the smartphone lovers might be looking for, especially for the way it looks. Despite the 5.7-inch screen staying low at 720p, the Redmi 5 has a FullView display — meaning it bears an 18:9 aspect ratio seen on flagships like the iPhone X and Galaxy S9.
However, unlike the Redmi 5 Plus, the phone carries a less powerful Snapdragon 450 chipset inside. Although the octa-core processor might get the job done for most, users looking for intensive gaming might wanna opt-in for the bigger model.
Optically, the phone’s is no different to its counterpart. There’s a single 12MP f/2.2 aperture lens at the back with 1.25um of pixel size and PDAF. The front’s not surprising though — it’s just a 5MP sensor that can capture videos at 1080p. At the rear, just below the camera, the phone rocks a fingerprint scanner too.
Powering all the needs and necessity is a 3,300mAh battery while booting up will be the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on top of MIUI 9.1.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Price in Nepal
As for the pricing, the Xiaomi Redmi 5 comes in two variants; Rs. 17,499 for the 2GB RAM/16GB ROM and Rs. 19,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM. Nonetheless, both variants support microSD card up to 128GB. Pick wisely according to your needs.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.7-inch IPS LCD, 720 × 1440 pixel resolution, 282ppi pixel density.
- Rear camera: 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel, PDAF, LED flashlight.
- Front camera: 5MP.
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat, MIUI 9.1; planned upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450; octa-core 1.8 GHz, Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU.
- Memory: 2/3GB of RAM, 16/32GB of internal storage; expandable up to 128GB.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Port: Micro USB 2.0.