Nokia launched its new Nokia X6 with a notch, putting itself in a race where almost all the smartphone manufacturers and companies are making attempts to obtain a complete bezel less display in their smartphone handsets. Nokia X6 possesses a iPhone X like notch on top and bears some impressive specifications. Lets take a quick look at each of the specifications.
Nokia X6 comes with a 5.8-inch display and a notch at top as mentioned earlier. The display has a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels and comes with 19:9 aspect ratio. Also, the screen density is 435ppi. For protection, Nokia X6 has a Gorilla Glass 3 covering on top of the screen.
Software and System on a Chip
The phone runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with a promise of Andriod P update soon. It’s powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset, making it a tough competitor in the mid-range smartphone market when it comes to performance and power of the phone.
Nokia X6 comes in three different variants viz.
- One with 4GB of RAM and 32GB ROM
- Another with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM
- And, finally with 6GB RAM and 64 GB ROM.
This phone features dual cameras at the back. One of them comprises a 16MP lens with f/2.0 aperture and the other is a monochrome sensor with 16MP lens and f/2.2 aperture. Thus, the given camera specifications suggests that the phone may be able to capture nice portraits with bokeh effect. Also, the camera is supplied with good AI capabilities thus adds features such as face recognition, dynamic expression, and filters in the phone.
Similarly, in front, it has a 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and AI support, which allows it to perform enhancements in selfie photos and other image improvement stuff. The camera AI also adds up the security option in the phone via facial recognition as most of the smartphones in the mid-range categories has a rear mounted fingerprint sensor for security.
The phone has a 3060mAh battery which can be charged up to 50% in merely 30 minutes. It sports a USB Type-C feature with Quick Charge 3.0 support allowing it to charge that quick.
Nokia X6 will be available in the Chinese market from May 21, 2018 for purchase. Prices of each variant will be:
– Nokia X6 (4GB RAM, 32GB ROM): CNY 1,299 ($204)
– Nokia X6 (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM): CNY 1,499 ($236)
– Nokia X6 (6GB RAM, 64GB ROM): CNY 1,699 ($266)
Meanwhile, HMD Global has not commented regarding the availability of phone outside of China yet.
Nokia X6 Specification Highlights:
- Display: 5.8-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD Display; 435PPI screen with Gorilla Glass 3 covering
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- CPU: Octa-core CPU, 1.8 GHz Kyro 260
- Operating System: Stock Android 8.1 Oreo with Android P updates.
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Storage: 32/64GB (expandable up to 256GB)
- Camera (rear): Dual – 16MP (f/2.0) plus 5MP (f/2.2), phase detection, autofocus, dual LED; dual tone flash lights
- Camera (front): 16MP (f/2.0)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear mounted), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM, 4G support
- Battery: 3,060 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Colour options: Black, Blue, Silver