After all the leaks and rumors, the wait is finally over. Vatsal Impex has officially unveiled the much-awaited Redmi Note 5 AI (also known as the Note 5 Pro) in Nepal. The mid-ranger from the Chinese smartphone manufacturer will hopefully add a much needed spark to the company’s sales chart.
Regardless of that, let’s take a look at what the phone has to offer.
The upcoming Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI comprises a front glass; aluminium body. It supports a hybrid Dual Nano-SIM with dual stand-by feature.
The phone sports a 5.99-inch full HD IPS LCD capacitive multitouch screen with 1080 x 2160 screen resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. The pixel density is 403 ppi. For protection, the phone uses a Corning Gorilla Glass on top of the screen.
Software and System on a Chip
The phone will feature Android Oreo 8.0 out of the box along with its own skin MIUI 9 on top. Redmi Note 5 AI is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chip-set. The CPU is an octa-core one with 1.8 GHz clock-speed. Also, for graphical processing, the phone has an Adreno 509 GPU.
The phone comes in 2 different variants viz.,
1. One with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory storage
2. Others with 4GB or 6GB RAM and 64GB internal memory storage (The one available in Nepal)
The device also has a microSD card slot (uses SIM 2 slot) for memory expansion up to 256GB.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI comes up with dual camera set up on the rear side of it. One of them is a 12MP camera lens with f/1.9 aperture and another is a 5MP lens with f/2.0 aperture. These are capable of dual pixel phase detection, and complemented by dual-LED flash. Some other camera features include: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama shot, and HDR. The primary camera is able to capture video in 1080p at 30 frames per second.
Similarly, at front, the phone carries a 13MP camera lens with f/2.0 aperture, complemented by a LED flash.
Again, it carries sensors such as a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and a compass. It also carries a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery thus, we can expect a reasonable battery life of the phone.
Price in Nepal and Where to Buy
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI is available for pre-booking starting today for Rs. 28,499 in Nepal. Interested users can offically pre-book the phone by clicking here or visiting Xiaomi’s showroom located at LABIM Mall, Lalitpur.
So what do you think about the phone and most importantly about the price? Let us know it in the comment box below.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Specifications Highlights
- Display: 5.99-inch FHD IPS LCD capacitive multitouch screen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio (403 ppi)
- Chip-set: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kyro 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Memory: 3GB RAM and 32GB storage; 4GB RAM and 64GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD)
- OS: Android Oreo 8.0
- Camera (Primary): Dual – 12MP (f/1.9)+5MP (f/2.0), dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Camera (Secondary): 13MP (f/2.0), LED flash, 1080p
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery