The Global Cyber Security Summit (GCSS) is being organized on July 27 and 28, 2018 with the theme “Building Global Alliance for Cyber Resilience” by Information Security Response Team Nepal (NPCERT) at Radisson Hotel, Kathmandu.
The Global Security Summit (GCSS) 2018 is an initiative to aware people regarding cybersecurity and establish robust security posture in Nepal.
The objective of the seminar is to bring diverse expertise in the field of cybersecurity to share knowledge and skills. Thus, stakeholders from different parts of the world will show up in the two-day seminar.
The seminar is aimed towards an open discussion upon current cybersecurity trends and thus build a solid foundation in order to combat contemporary cybersecurity threats.
- IT professionals
- Security experts
- Governmental employees
- Learners from different sectors
- One day pre-summit workshop which is hosted by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) and facilitated by LABA, Check Point Software Technologies and EC-Council.
- A full-day summit featuring key-note sessions, presentations, and interactions with industry leaders in cybersecurity.
- Opportunities for the participants to interact with the industry practitioners upon the topic of cybersecurity and cybersecurity related issues.
GCSS summit will feature a day of presentations, panel discussions, and keynote lectures by national and international experts.
- Champika Wijayatunga from ICANN
- Vivek Srivastava from CISCO
- Samm Sacks from Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Mohit Puri from SOPHOS
- Varunendra Tripathi from Check Point Software Technologies
- Thomas Have from LogPoint
- Harshad Shah from Global Cyber Security Response Team
- Abhaya Poudel from Biz Serve IT
- Sugrip Rana Magar from Cloud Tech
- Vivek S Rana from Governance and Risk Management Professional
- Bigyan B. Sijapati from Himalayan Bank
- Sachin Jung Karki from LABA Pvt. Ltd.
- Narayan Koirala from Eminence Ways
- Babu Ram Aryal from Delta Law Private Limited
- Sujit Shrestha from Standard Chartered Bank
GCSS 2018 Sponsors
- Check Point Software Technologies
- Ministry of Communication and Information (MOCI)
- Department of Information Technology (DoIT)
- Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST)
- Nepal Bankers Association (NBA)
- Computer Association of Nepal (CAN)
- Internet Society Nepal Chapter and others
To know more about GCSS 2018, you may visit their official website.