Just as when the dust was settling down, Huawei has popped up with yet another phone with quad-cameras: just like the Nova 3 and Nova 3i. Launched just five days ago in the International market, the Huawei Y9 2019 has already hit the Nepali market. That’s some impressive stuff from Huawei Nepal.
Let’s quickly jump into the crown jewel of the phone, which is none other than the quad-cameras: two at the front and back. A step forward from its predecessor — Y9 2018 — the Y9 2019 has an impressive set of 16MP + 2MP camera at the back and another 13MP + 2MP sensors at the front. Although the primary sensors on both sides are used to capture normal images, the extra 2MP camera at either side is used to capturing depth data for those portrait shots. All of the four cameras are powered by AI, like most of the Huawei phones.
Another impressive thing lies just beneath the display — the Kirin 710 chipset, also seen on the recently launched Nova 3i. With a clock speed similar to its counterpart, the Y9 2019 is sure to provide an amazing experience in terms of day to day usage and gaming. There’s no word about the GPU Turbo technology though. Talking about the display, the phone has a 6.5-inch Full HD+ display resulting in 19.5:9 aspect ratio. This roughly translates to about 82.8% of screen-to-body ratio and a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixel.
As for the memory, the Huawei Y9 2019 sees an upgrade from 2018’s 3GB to 4GB RAM, whilst the storage has also been upgraded from 32GB to 64GB. Nonetheless, it still retains the microSD card slot for expansion. The battery, though, is still numbered at 4,000mAh. On the other hand, the phone boots on Android 8.1 Oreo on top of Huawei’s own EMUI 8.2.
Huawei Y9 2019 Price in Nepal
As far as pricing is concerned, the 4/64GB variant of the Y9 2019 can be purchased for Rs. 34,900 in Nepal. The phone will be available for purchase starting today throughout the stores located across the nation.
Huawei Y9 2019 Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.5″ IPS LCD screen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels (~396 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.2
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage; expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- Primary Camera: Dual-Camera; 16 MP + 2 MP, Phase Detection AutoFocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: Dual-camera 13MP + 2MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4,000 mAh battery
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 34,900.