Just after its international release, the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition is ready to hit the Nepali market. The limited edition phone from OnePlus is now available in Nepal through Oliz Store.
Similar to OnePlus 5T’s StarWars Edition, the new edition is a result of partnership from between the Chinese brand and McLaren. The McLaren branding of the phone definitely sees a change in terms of the color of the phone with a blend of McLaren’s signature Papaya Orange color and a carbon looking back covered in glass. But the phone exerts the speed of McLaren 720s more than the look.
Regardless of the color, most of the design language of the phone is similar to normal edition. However, the McLaren Edition gets two exclusive feature: 10GB of RAM and Warp Charge 30; a beefed up version of OnePlus’ Dash Charge technology. There’s no denying that the numbers are extreme, but what’s more ridiculous is that the Warp Charge is claimed to carry charge through the 30W adapter; charging 50% battery in just 20 minutes without any heating issues. Likewise, there’s a 256GB of storage, though rest of the specs are similar to normal OnePlus 6T.
Carl Pei, the co-founder of OnePlus ambitiously mentioned that there’s no difference between McLaren and OnePlus; both shares obsessiveness towards the pursuit of speed despite their flashy competitors. And to a certain degree, we might have to agree with that. The normal edition of the phone was one of the fastest smartphones in the market, beating even the likes of Galaxy Note 9 whilst going neck and neck against the iPhone Xs.
Pricing and Availability
The McLaren branding definitely comes at a price. The new OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition will go on sale for Rs. 99,000 in Nepal. That’s 19,000 more than the normal edition with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. While it’s not the amount of money you would want to spend upfront, the exclusivity of McLaren branding and 10GB of RAM is definitely a thing for novelty. However, if it’s not your cup of tea, you’ll be ok with the normal edition as it is still one of the fastest phones around.
- Display: 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED, 2340×1080 pixel resolution, 402ppi, 19.5:9; sRGB/DCI-P3 color space support.
- Rear cameras: First camera: 16MP, Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.12µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, phase detection autofocus, OIS, gyro-EIS; dual-LED flash. Secondary camera: 20MP, Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture.
- Front camera: 16MP, 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, gyro-EIS, Auto HDR
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; OxygenOS
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845; octa-core CPU Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU.
- Memory: 10GB of LPDDR4X RAM; 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage; 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM; 128/256GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- Battery: 3,700mAh Li-Po battery; Warp Charge 30
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 99,000