After much speculation and rumors, Xiaomi has taken the wrap of the ‘Lite’ version of its Mi 8 — the Mi 8 Lite — in Nepal. While the design is pretty much uncanny to the Mi 8 Pro, it is still a mid-range phone but with pretty remarkable specs. This now also adds up to Xiaomi’s ever-growing smartphone lineups in Nepal.
Much different to its ‘Pro’ counterpart, the Mi 8 Lite has a big 6.26-inch LCD display that results in a 19:9 aspect ratio. Alike Xiaomi’s recent releases, it also has a notch; thus providing an 82.5% screen-to-body ratio. However, the Mi 8 Lite has a Snapdragon 660 chipset, which is much powerful than the 636 you would see on the Redmi 6 Pro. The RAM is 4GB and the storage is 64GB which is expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
Talking about the camera, the phone hosts a duo of sensors at the rear. It has a 12MP (f/1.9) sensor that supports dual pixel PDAF + 5MP (f/2.0) sensor used to improve the depth sensing of an image. The front has an impressive 24MP sensor for capturing well-detailed selfies. As usual, all cameras are backed with Xiaomi’s own AI technology, including the new AI adjustable bokeh effect which could help users adjust the depth of field even after taking the picture.
The glass back on the phone exhibit the premium look, albeit its price tag. The mirror-like gradient finish is much more pristine looking with a seamlessly integrated fingerprint scanner, that should also help secure your phone more or less. Inside, there’s a 3,350mAh battery that can be fast charged, thanks to Quick Charge 3.0. On the other hand, the whole phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo on top of MIUI 10.
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is now available for purchase through Daraz Online Shopping as well as retailers located throughout the country. Price of the 4+64GB variant is Rs. 31,999 in Nepal and the color option includes Aurora Blue and Midnight Black.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.26-inch FHD+ IPS LCD capacitive multitouch screen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio (403 ppi)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4 x 2.2GHz Kryo 260 & 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Memory: 4GB RAM and 64GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD)
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1
- Camera (Primary): Dual – 12MP (f/1.9) + 5MP (f/2.0), dual pixel phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Camera (Secondary): 24MP Sony IMX576 sensor, 0.9 um
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3,350mAh battery; Quick Charge 3.0
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 31,999