With usual leaks and teasers, Vivo has officially launched its V15 Pro in Nepal. The Vivo V15 Pro offers a bezel-less screen. However, the main highlight of this phone is definitely its selfie camera which omits the notch in favor of a motorized pop-up module for the selfie camera. The phone is priced at Rs. 52,490 in Nepal.
While for the Vivo V15, you will have to wait for another few weeks in Nepal.
Coming back to the Pro version, it carries a 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen and an in-display fingerprint sensor. Underneath the display, you’ll get an optical in-display fingerprint scanner. Similarly, it’s powered by a Snapdragon 675 SoC. About the memory, V15 Pro comes in two different variants – 6/8GB RAM; both of them offers 128GB of storage and is expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
There’s a 3,700mAh battery that comes with dual engine fast charging technology in the phone to support all your usage.
About cameras, there’s a triple camera set-up on the back — a primary 48MP sensor at f/1.8, an 8MP (13mm) ultrawide sensor and a 5MP depth sensor at f/2.4. And you can record 4K videos at 30fps with these rear cameras. On the front, a 32MP selfie camera is featured inside the pop-up module. The selfie camera, as usual, offers AI enhancements like face tuning for flawless selfies.
The phone runs on Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch 9 on top.
Vivo V15 Pro Specs Highlights
- Display: 6.39-inch Super AMOLED screen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D glass
- Resolution: Full HD+, 1080 x 2316 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, FunTouch 9
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB storage; expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- Primary Camera: Triple-Camera: 48MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, 78-degree FOV + 8MP Ultra-wide-angle, 120-degree FOV + 5MP depth sensor, f/2.4; LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 32MP pop-up selfie camera
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano + Nano), Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi a/c, Micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3,700mAh; dual engine fast charging technology
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 52,490
This phone offers pretty impressive features like the pop-up camera and an in-display fingerprint sensor in the upper-mid range budget category. Also, the dual engine fast charging technology is a good addition to the device.
Similarly, Vivo has given more emphasis on its display as well; after all, you are getting a Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with no notch whatsoever, just a big clean screen.
The pop-up camera module can already be seen on Vivo NEX but now you are getting it in this Vivo V15 Pro which cost a lot less than its counterpart. But again, it is a motorized pop-up and there’s always a chance of wear and tear. And the dust and small soil particles could enter the through the pop-up opening. So be careful with these things.
In a nutshell, the Vivo V15 Pro seems quite impressive. While you’ll have to wait till we decide how good the cameras and other features work on the device till the full review.