Huawei has officially unveiled the new Y5 2019 in Nepal. It is a budget smartphone with a pretty decent look which comes with faux leather cover. It also offers a face unlock feature, a reasonable battery, and dual VoLTE that are impressive for its pricing.
A 5.71-inch HD+ IPS screen with a dew-drop notch with a faux leather cover on the back makes the new Huawei Y5 2019 dirt, fingerprint, and wear resistant and fancy too. Its display is TUV Rheinland certified and therefore there’s a control in the blue ray that effects human eyes.
About the camera, there’s a 13MP camera on the back and a 5MP camera on the front. This front camera is used for the face unlock system as well. Talking about the face recognition system, the Y5 2019 is able to recognize around 1,024 facial attributes.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset paired with a 2GB RAM. There’s a 32GB onboard memory for internal storage that can be expanded up to 1TB via a dedicated slot. Similarly, it carries a 3,020mAh battery.
Huawei Y5 2019 Specs Highlight
- Display: 5-inch IPS LCD display
- Resolution: 1520 x 720 pixels; 19:9 aspect ratio (295 ppi); HD+
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB storage; expandable up to 1TB
- Primary Camera: 13MP (f/1.8), PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5MP, f/2.2
- Battery: Non-removable 3,020mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity
- Colors: Midnight/Modern Black, Sapphire Blue, Amber Brown
- Price: Rs. 13,490
The Huawei Y5 2019 offers reasonable specifications according to the costs. But it doesn’t serve well in terms of competitions from other brands. Should you buy it? If you are somewhere loyal to Huawei, buy it. If not, the Y5 2019 isn’t a device that boasts in its price segment. Again, devices from Samsung like the Galaxy M10 and the Redmi 7 from Xiaomi are way good to buy than the Y5 2019.