Xiaomi has officially unveiled the new Redmi Y3 in Nepal. The mid-range smartphone mostly focuses on the selfie aspect with an affordable price tag. However, the resemblance of the device’s specs is pretty uncanny(except the selfie camera) to the already launched Redmi 7.
Firstly, let’s get into the most coveted feature of this device — the selfie camera. The Redmi Y3 has a 32MP selfie camera at the front that is cramped inside a small notch. It has an f/2.2 lens, 1.6um of pixel size and EIS as well. The pixel size should allow the camera to absorb more light, thus more effective on low-lighting condition as well. Plus you get a screen flash for capturing well-lit images even in dark conditions.
Barring the impressive selfie camera, rest of the specs are nothing sort of impressive. The glaring back of the phone sees a dual 12MP f/2.2 camera with PDAF alongside a 2MP depth sensor. The rear also has gyro-EIS which should be helpful for capturing well-stabilized videos.
Moving back to the front, there’s a big 6.26-inch IPS LCD display that is just 720p in resolution but has a Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Just up top is a small notch that Xiaomi likes to call a ‘Dot Notch’.
Internally, the phone has Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset and Adreno 506 GPU. For memory, there are two variants: 3/32GB and 4/64GB — both with an option for expansion via microSD card. The battery is 4,000mAh and the phone boots on Android 9 Pie on top of MIUI 9 out of the box.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 Price in Nepal and Availability
Regarding the price, the two different variants have a slight difference in pricing. For 3/32GB you’ll have to pay Rs. 18,499, while the maxed out 4/64GB variant will go on sale for Rs. 21,499 in Nepal. Starting today the phone is available through all offline retailers as well as Daraz Online Shopping. The color option includes Bold Red, Elegant Blue, and Prime Black.
Redmi Y3 Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.26-inch HD+ IPS display, Corning Gorilla 5
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio (269 ppi)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 (14nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 250 Gold and 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 250 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 3GB RAM and 32GB storage; 4GB RAM and 64GB storage (expandable up to 512GB via microSD card)
- OS: Android Pie 9.0; MIUI 9
- Camera (Primary): Dual – 12MP (f/2.2), 1.25µm pixel, PDAF + 2MP depth sensor, LED flash
- Camera (Secondary): 32MP, f/2.2, 1.6µm
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4,000mAh battery, 10W charging, Micro USB 2.0 port
- Colors: Prime Black, Elegant Blue, Bold Red
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 18,499 for 3/32GB, Rs. 21,499 for 4/64GB
Xiaomi has cut the price of its mid-range phone, the Redmi Y3 in Nepal. The phone will now be available for 500 less than its original price, i.e. the 3GB/32GB variant will now set you back Rs. 17,999 — originally priced at Rs. 18,499 — and the 4GB/64GB will now go on sale for Rs.…