Vivo, in Nepal, welcomes a new addition to its ever-growing smartphone lineup, this time it is the Vivo Y17. This mid-ranger from Vivo brings triple-cameras and an impressive battery for a price that could eek out some users in Nepal.
Let’s get straight to the camera. This Vivo Y17 has a triple lens setup at the back, something you wouldn’t see on most mid-range devices. The triple-camera setup has a 13MP normal camera that goes well with the 8MP ultra-wide sensor; the latest trend in the smartphone market, and a 2MP depth sensor. The front sports a 20MP f/2.0 selfie shooter.
The display of the phone sees a 6.35-inch IPS LCD panel that has just HD+ resolution with an aspect ratio of 19.3:9. The memory configuration of the phone has 4GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage. All the specs seem pretty ok here until you get to the processor. The Vivo Y17 holds a MediaTek Helio P35 chipset that is not well known for its performance. That’s just ridiculous for a phone that goes for around NPR. 30,000 in Nepal.
Rest assured, you get a humongous 5,000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie on top of Vivo’s FunTouch 9 UI.
Vivo Y17 Price in Nepal
The Vivo Y17 is priced at Rs. 31,490 in Nepal which is too much to ask for a phone that comes with a mediocre display and processor. Barring the triple-camera setup, the phone offers nothing sort of amazing in any way. If mobile photography is not your cup of tea, you would be better off skipping this phone.
Vivo Y17 Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.35-inch FullView HD+ display, 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1544 x 720 pixels
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P35
- CPU: Octa-core (4 × 2.3GHz Cortex-A53 & 4 × 1.8GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 9 Pie; Funtouch OS 9
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB storage; expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- Primary Camera: Triple-camera: 13MP, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF + 8MP, 16mm ultra-wide, f/2.2 + 2MP f/2.4 aperture, depth sensor; LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 20MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery; 18W fast charging