As expected, the Honor 8S which was launched in April in the international market now makes its way to Nepal. A successor to the Honor 7S, Honor 8S is an entry-level device from Honor, which offers pretty decent features in the price range for the customers.
The device comes with a decent screen — 5.71 inches and features a dew-drop notch; dual-textured back; a pretty good camera; face unlock feature; and a good battery, all complementing its price, i.e. Rs. 12,500. Now, let’s take a quick overlook of the phone followed by a specification highlights.
This 5.71-inches phone offers 720×1520 screen resolution with TÜV Rheinland certification that claims to ensure less blue-ray emission for better and safe user experience with the screen. There is a U-shaped notch on the top that houses the selfie camera.
As for the camera, there’s a 13MP shooter on the rear and a 5MP shooter on the front. And the Pro mode seems a good enhancement to the rear camera. The front camera comes into work for the Face Unlock feature as well.
The phone boots on Android 9 Pie out of the box on top of its EMUI 9 skin.
As for the battery, Honor 8S carries a 3,020mAh battery to handle all the usage. For charging, there’s a microUSB port.
Honor 8S Specs Highlights
- Display: 5.71-inch HD+ IPS LCD screen
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio (295 ppi)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM and 32GB storage (expandable up to 1TB via dedicated SD card slot)
- OS: Android Pie 9.0; EMUI 9
- Camera (Primary): 13MP, f/1.8, LED flash
- Camera (Secondary): 5MP, f/2.2
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity
- Battery: 3,020mAh battery
- Colors: Blue, Black, Gold
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 12,500