Redmi 7A, a successor to last year’s Redmi 6A and a cheaper alternative to Redmi 7, is now official in Nepal with minor improvements over its predecessor. The Redmi 6A was notably affordable and same applies to this device.
The Redmi 7A has a 5.45-inch HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio, this is something that remains unchanged over last year’s device. The changes though can be seen inside; the phone has Snapdragon 439 octa-core chipset as opposed to MediaTek on 6A, 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
At the backward, you could see a Redmi logo and a vertically aligned single camera. The snapper has a 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor with f/2.2 lens and PDAF. On the front, you get a 5MP selfie shooter with f/2.2 aperture.
Last year’s Redmi 6A had a decently running 3,000mAh battery but this time the Redmi 7A comes with an impressive 4,000mAh battery which should last you more than a day. If not, there’s support for 10W fast charging for quick charge of the ample battery.
The device misses out on a fingerprint scanner but has AI face unlock to compensate it. It is splash resistant and has wireless FM Radio feature. All this is backed up by EMUI 9 running on top of Android 9.0 Pie.
Redmi 7A Pricing and Availability
The Redmi 7A will be available in two colors — Matte Black and Matte Blue — starting 9th of August for a price of Rs. 11,499 in Nepal. Interested ones can purchase it through nearest retailers or Daraz Online Shopping.
The Redmi 7A, being an entry-level phone is certainly impressive on its own. And add to the fact that you get a perk of two years warranty from Xiaomi you won’t go wrong on buying this phone even if it’s for your day to day usage.
Redmi 7A Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.45-inch 18:9 HD+ Full-Screen
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio (295 ppi)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 439
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 2GB RAM and 32GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- OS: Android Pie 9.0; MIUI 9
- Camera (Primary): Single 12MP (f/2.2), Sony IMX486 camera, PDAF, LED flash
- Selfie camera: 5MP,f/2.2, 1.12µm
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4,000mAh battery, 10W charging, Micro USB 2.0 port
- Colors: Matte Black and Matte Blue