Samsung is currently on a launching spree. After unveiling the Galaxy A30s, the company has once again popped up with the Galaxy A20s in Nepal.
The all-new Galaxy A20s, with ‘s’ moniker, is a successor to recently launched Galaxy A20 and comes with much-needed upgrades, most notably at the back. Coming from a dual-camera on the A20, the A20s now has triple rear cameras — a normal 13MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture with PDAF, a 13MP ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture and finally a 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 lens.
Apart from the camera change, the rear, despite being plastic gets a glossy finish which looks subtle over the prior generation. Inside, instead of the Exynos chipset seen on the A20, the A20s offer Snapdragon 450 chipset. Likewise, unlike the previous version, this time the device has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, with an option for expansion up to 512GB.
The ‘s’ moniker, however, isn’t all about improvements. The Galaxy A20s compromises its display for other upgrades; meaning the phone now has an IPS LCD panel over the Super AMOLED on A20. The display, though, measures a 6.5-inch in size which is 0.1-inch bigger.
Rest assured it still has the same front camera — i.e. 8MP — housed inside the Infinity-V display, the same 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging, and still boots on Android 9 Pie on top One UI out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy A20s Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD screen, capacitive touch
- Resolution: HD+, 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, (~264 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: Snapdragon 4560
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8GHz Cortex-A53
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Memory: 3/32GB and 4/64GB, storage expandable up to 512GB via microSD card
- Primary Camera: Triple-camera: 13MP, f/1.8, 28mm wide + 8MP ultra-wide-angle(13mm), f/2.2 + 5MP depth sensor, f/2.2; LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 8MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (capacitive), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Li-Po battery; 15W fast charging
Samsung Galaxy A20s Price in Nepal and Availability
Another thing that has changed is the price. The Samsung Galaxy A20s will cost you NPR 23,990 for the 4/64GB variant and NPR 20,690 for the 3/32GB variant in Nepal. The phone will go on sale starting today through retailers located across Nepal.