Samsung is set to launch an additional member of its popular S10 series in Nepal, the Galaxy S10 Lite. While it will still take a week or two for the device to hit the market — possibly by the end of January — we are here to give you a brief overlook of it. And peeking at the international price, the S10 Lite could cost you anywhere between NPR 75,000 to NPR 85,000 in Nepal.
About the device itself, the Galaxy S10 Lite comes with a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution with a 20:9 aspect ratio and 394ppi pixel density.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite gets powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset based on 7nm technology paired with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage. You can further expand the storage up to 1TB using a microSD card. Similarly, it runs on Android 10 with One UI 2 on top.
As for the optics used, the S10 Lite has a triple camera setup at the back including a wide 48MP main sensor that comes with PDAF and Super Steady OIS, a 12MP ultrawide sensor, and a 5MP dedicated macro sensor. While at front of the device is a single 32MP wide selfie shooter that comes with HDR.
However, in the sound department, you will miss the 3.5mm headphone jack. So, you’ll have to do with the single loudspeaker, alike the Galaxy S10; which is decent.
Other features in the device comprise an optical under-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensor alongside the Samsung DeX with desktop experience support and ANT+.
The Galaxy S10 Lite carries a 4,500mAh non-removable cell with 25W fast charging support.
Regarding color, the S10 Lite will ship in Prism White, Prism Black, and Prism Blue colors.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (~394ppi pixel density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 and 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 and 4 x 1.78GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- OS: Android 10, One UI 2
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB storage; expandable via microSD card up to 1TB
- Primary Camera: Triple camera; 48MP, f/2.0, PDAF, Super Steady OIS, 0.8µm + 12MP ultrawide, f/2.2 + 5MP, f/2.4, dedicated macro lens
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4,500mAh battery, 25W fast charging
So, up to now, you must have already realized that the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite looks great on paper. And we know that the hardware it packs will most probably live up to its expectations; the only worry being how good its camera will perform in day to day usage. Regardless, it’ll be an interesting one to look out for in its budget range. Stay tuned to us for more updates on the latest news.