Despite the ongoing dispute between the US and Huawei, the company has shown no signs of stopping. And this is clear in terms of their smartphone launch plans. That being said, Huawei, this time, has unveiled the new Y6s in Nepal; an entry-level device majorly focused on delivering good media experience.
To talk about the phone, it has a 6.9-inch HD display that bears a 1560 x 720 resolution. The aspect ratio sits at 19.5:9 with a 79.2% screen-to-body ratio. Although it’s a 720p display and is definitely no better than the AMOLED one, the phone makes use of Huawei’s software to adjust the color temperatures and brightness for less eye fatigue.
Now about the camera, it’s nothing fancy. There’s just a single camera to begin with and it’s a 13MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture. The positive being that it captures more light than standard f/2.2 lens seen on most budget smartphones, thus more helpful in low-light conditions. The front, on the other hand, has a basic 8MP sensor.
Besides that, being an entry-level phone for most of the time could mean compromises on audio part but it’s not true here. The Huawei Y6s has the company’s Super Sound technology, that as claimed, raises the phone’s highest speaker volume by 6 dB, and doubles the sound pressure level. This should be helpful for anyone who consumes most of their music and movies on smartphones.
Huawei Y6s Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.09-inch HD+ IPS LCD screen; 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1560 x 720 pixels (~282 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6761, Helio A22 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4 x 2.3GHz Cortex-A53 and 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; EMUI 9.1
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 64GB storage; expandable via microSD card up to 512GB
- Primary Camera: 13MP (f/1.8), LED flash; AI features
- Secondary Camera: 8MP front camera, f/2.0; Selfie toning flash, AI features
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,020 mAh battery
Rest assured, the phone has a MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core chipset that pairs with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. If not enough, you can expand the storage by a microSD card slot.
As for the software, the phone boots on Android 9 Pie on top of EMUI 9.1 and still packs all the Google Play Services you want. On top of that, powering the phone is a 3,020mAh battery which should more than enough for day to day usage.
Huawei Y6s Price in Nepal and Availability
The Huawei Y6s is priced at Rs. 14,990 in Nepal and is available through all online and offline retailers starting today.