The Government of Nepal’s “Food Management and Trading Company Limited” has started an online delivery service of essential goods inside “Ringroad, Kathmandu” for a minimum-maximum cart value of Rs. 2,000-5,000 with an acclamation of prompt support and free delivery.
The Food Management and Trading Company envisions it to be a market maker for an efficient and affordable supply of food and related essentials to favor an accomplished business institution in Nepal.
Let’s take a quick look at the objectives of the Food Management and Trading Company Limited.
- Contribute to the explicitness of food safety
- Encourage farmers’ production and local food industry while ensuring a quality supplying at affordable price tags to the consumers
- Utilize available resources thus enforcing national economy
- Create and analyze demand and supply statistics thereby helping the Government of Nepal to form effective regulations
- Mold itself as a responsible, competitive, and sustainable commercial entity in the given field
You can visit Food Management and Trading Company Limited’s official website nepalfood.gov.np and search for the food item(s) you want to buy, see the description along with the review and add to cart followed by an order and the payment; which can be done through Khalti, FonePay, and eSewa.
The company proclaims to deliver your order within a day of confirmation, while the delivery charge will be free during the ongoing lockdown.
Although by the looks of it, the website is in an early stage of development, it’s still a commendable act by the Government to look on to extend its service online. Hopefully, it will soon be available to other parts inside and outside of the Kathmandu valley.