Last year, Facebook introduced Avatars, which would let users create their custom replica. Now, Avatars is finally making its way to the US. If you are still scratching your heads — users can create and express themselves in the form of a virtual lookalike similar to the Bitmoji and Memoji.
Fidji Simo from Facebook stated that the Avatars can be used “in comments, stories, Messenger – and soon text posts with backgrounds”. They can even be shown on the Facebook Gaming profile.
Simo wrote, “So much of our interactions these days are taking place online, which is why it’s more important than ever to be able to express yourself personally on Facebook. It’s important to us that you can personalize your avatar so it represents your unique, authentic self, which is why we’re also adding in a new range of customizations, too — such as new hairstyles, complexions, and outfits.” Facebook launched Avatars in Australia back in June 2019.
Amid the ongoing global shutdown period, Facebook has reportedly received a massive usage increment thereby rise in screen time as well as social media activity. Facebook, much recently, also introduced Messenger Rooms, a Zoom alternative. Similarly, WhatsApp allowed even more video call participants at a time as people continue to physically distance themselves.
How to create your Facebook Avatar
Both the iOS and Android platforms share common steps to create an Avatar. These steps are given below:
- On the Facebook app, tap on the “three horizontal lines” located at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “See More.”
- Tap on “Avatars.”
- Tap on “Next” and then “Get Started.”
- Select the best suitable skin tone for you.
- Choose a preferred hairstyle, hair color, face shape, eye shape and color, makeup, eyebrows, nose shape, facial hair, body shape, outfit, etc. hence customize your avatar. Avatars feature even allows playing with the facial lines as well as complexions.
- For a quick self remainder, tap on the “mirror” icon at the top right that opens up the selfie camera.
- Finalize the avatar and top on “checkmark” located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- After the screen loads completely, tap on “Next.”
- Tap on “Done.”
Once completed, you are able to share your replica on the Facebook feed by tapping on the “arrow” at the top-right. Also, users can use their avatars in their temporary profile picture.
Users can tap on the “Sticker” icon, which is the smiling square right below the arrow to check different avatar stickers. Even, changes can be applied to the avatar by clicking on the pencil icon.
Again, users that look forward to using Avatars in comments can tap on the “smiley face” located next to the “gif” icon and then tap the avatar icon situation at the bottom of the screen.
Facebook Avatars is currently available in the US only, but Facebook will gradually roll out the Avatars to users in the Philippines, Nepal, Singapore, Burma, and other countries.