eSewa now allows you to pay your property; business or any other taxes related to the Inland Revenue Department, Government of Nepal through its platform.
This new addition on top of earlier ones including payment of electricity and water bills as well as top-up and online shopping is looked forward to providing an efficient digital/online alternative to the public.
Now, let’s quickly hop on to the steps on how to pay IRD tax via eSewa online.
Pay Inland Revenue Department Nepal Taxes via eSewa
1. Open Inland Revenue Department’s official website.
2. Click on “Taxpayer Portal”, expand the “General” menu, and click on “Taxpayer Login”.
3. Fill in Permanent Account Number (PAN), username, and password in their respective fields and click on “Login”.
4. Click on “Payment Voucher”.
5. Choose “Everest Bank Limited” to deposit the amount.
6. Select “Type of Tax”, “Revenue Title”, “Tax For” in their respective fields and type in the “Revenue Amount”. Also, select “Fiscal Year”, “Tax Deducted as Source” (TDS), and click on “Generate Transaction Code.” Copy the generated transaction code.
7. Now, you may open the official eSewa website in the next tab or open the eSewa mobile app.
8. Navigate to “New Services / Popular Services and click on “Financial Comptroller General Office”.
9. Enter copied transaction code in the “EBP Number” field, re-enter the amount, and click on “Check”.
10. Audit all the information and click on “Proceed”.
11. You can confirm the payment on the Inland Revenue Department’s official website itself. Once the payment is done, you should see a “Complete” notification under “Old Payment Status”.