The wait is over. The much-anticipated successor to the Poco F1 is here. It’s called the Poco F3. The phone comes with an impressive set of specs like a 120Hz AMOLED display, a Snapdragon 870 5G chipset, and a 48MP main sensor. It’s expected to be released on 27 of March.
Now, without any further delay, let’s take a detailed overview of the Poco F3, followed by its price and availability.
Poco F3 Overview
The Poco F3 flaunts a 6.67-inch AMOLED panel with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and brightness ranging from 900 up to 1300 nits. Protecting the panel is a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 layer.
Running on MIUI 12 atop Android 11 OS, the smartphone is powered by a 7nm process-based Snapdragon 870 5G chipset coupled with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 onboard storage, however, lacks an expansion option.
Moving on to the camera, F3 carries a triple camera set up at the back that comprises an f/1.8 48MP main, an f/2.2 8MP ultrawide, and an f/2.4 5MP macro sensor with LED flash, HDR, and panorama support. The main sensor is capable of recording 4K videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 30/60/120/240/960fps while uses gyro-EIS for stabilization.
Similarly, at the front is an f/2.5 20MP selfie unit with HDR that is capable of recording 1080p videos at 30fps and 720p videos at 120fps.
As for connectivity, it has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC (market/region dependent), infrared port, USB Type-C 2.0 with USB On-The-Go, though lacks a 3.5mm jack. And sensor incorporated includes a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and color spectrum.
A 4,520mAh battery is used, which supports 33W fast charging and advertised to charge from 0 to 100% in 52 minutes. The battery also supports Power Delivery 3.0 and Quick Charge 3+.
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED panel, 107.4 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio), 120Hz, HDR10+
- Resolution: 2400 x 1080 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12 for POCO
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1 x 3.2GHz Kryo 585 & 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 & 4 x 1.80GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB/256GB storage, UFS 3.1
- Rear Camera: Triple — 48MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide) + 5MP, f/2.4, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm, AF
- Secondary Camera: Single — 20MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery: Li-Po 4,520mAh, non-removable; 33W fast charging, 100% in 52 minutes (advertised); Power Delivery 3.0; Quick Charge 3+
- Color: Arctic White, Night Black, Deep Ocean Blue
Poco F3 Price and Availability
Available in Arctic White, Night Black, and Deep Ocean Blue colors, the Poco F3 price starts at €349 for 6GB/128GB variant, which is around NPR 47,971 in Nepal and €399 (~NPR 54,800) for 8GB/256GB memory config. Like the Poco X3 Pro, it also gets €50 off during purchase within March 27 up to April 6.