Poco has finally announced the Pro variant of its last year’s Poco X3, the Poco X3 Pro. Though it does look like the regular variant itself, it comes with interesting changes including a new processor but a camera downgrade, at least that’s how it seems on paper. Also, we are looking at a 5,160mAh cell similar to what we saw in the X3 NFC, which is less than the X3.
Now, without any further delay, we will take a quick overview of the device followed by its price and availability.
Poco X3 Pro Overview
The Poco X3 Pro has a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch response rate, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protecting it.
Running on MIUI 12 on top of Android 11, this one is powered by a 7nm fabrication-based Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 processor paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 onboard storage expandable via microSDXC using a shared SIM slot.
As for optics, the device flaunts a quad-camera setup at the back that includes an f/1.8 48MP main, an f/2.2 8MP ultrawide, an f/2.4 2MP macro, and an f/2.4 2MP depth sensor with Dual-LED flash, HDR, and panorama support. The rear shooter is able to capture 4K videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 30 or 60fps while uses gyro-EIS for stabilization.
At the front lies a single f/2.2 20MP selfie unit with HDR and panorama support. And it is capable of recording 1080p videos at 30fps.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC (market/region dependent), infrared port, USB Type-C 2.0 with USB On-The-Go, and a 3.5mm audio jack. Similarly, sensors include a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass.
The X3 Pro uses a 5,160mAh cell with 33W fast charging to keep its lights on that is advertised to charge from 0 to 59% in 30 minutes and 0 to 100% in 59 minutes.
- Display: 6.67 inches IPS LCD panel, 107.4 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio), 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch response rate
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- OS: MIUI 12, Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 6 x 1.XGHz Kryo 485 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB/256GB storage, expandable via microSDXC using shared SIM slot
- Rear Camera: Quad — 48MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide) + 2MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Secondary Camera: Single — 20MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Li-Po 5,160 mAh, non-removable, 33W fast charging, 59% in 30 min, 100% in 59 min (advertised)
- Color: Phantom Black, Frost Blue, Metal Bronze
Price and Availability
Available in Phantom Black, Frost Blue, and Metal Bronze colors, the Poco X3 Pro retails at a price of €249 for 6GB/128GB, which is around NPR 34,000 in Nepal and €299 (~NPR 41,200) for 8GB/256GB memory configuration with €50 discount in select retailers within 24 March up to 1 April.