Xiaomi has announced a cheaper addition to its last year’s Mi 10 lineup, the Xiaomi Mi 10S in China. The smartphone comes with a 90Hz AMOLED panel, MIUI 12 atop Android 11, Snapdragon 870 5G processor, and an f/1.7 108MP main camera from Samsung.
Here we will take a detailed overview of the Xiaomi Mi 10S followed by its price and availability.
Xiaomi Mi 10S Overview
The Xiaomi Mi 10S flaunts a 6.67-inch AMOLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support, hence emits brightness ranging from 500 nits up to 1120 nits. The display resolution is 2340 x 1080 pixels while the aspect ratio translates to 19.5:9. It gets Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection as well.
Running on MIUI 12 on top of Android 11, it is powered by a 7 nm-based Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G chipset coupled with 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.0 onboard storage, however, lacks any expansion option.
As for optics, the device gets a quad-camera set up at the back, which includes a Samsung-made f/1.7 108MP main, an f/2.4 13MP ultrawide, an f/2.4 2MP macro, and an f/2.4 2MP depth sensor, complemented with dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, and panorama. Also, the rear sensor is able to record 8K videos at 30fps, 4K videos at 30/60fps, and 1080p videos at 30/60/120fps.
At the front lies a single 20MP wide sensor for selfies, which supports HDR and panorama and is able to record 1080p videos at 30fps and 720p videos at 120fps.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, infrared port, USB Type-C 2.0 with USB On-The-Go, though lacks a 3.5mm audio jack. Similarly, sensors included are an under-display optical fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
A 4,780mAh cell keeps the lights on. Xiaomi has incorporated a fast charger right inside the box with up to 33W fast charging that can charge the battery from 0 to 100% in 56 minutes as advertised. The Mi 10S also supports up to 30W of wireless fast charging that can charge the device from 0 to 100% in 69 minutes as advertised.
Xiaomi has put further emphasis on the charging aspect of Mi 10S that includes 10W reverse wireless charging, 3.0 power delivery, ad Quick Charge 4+.
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 1120 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1 x 3.2GHz Kryo 585 & 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 & 4 x 1.80GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 storage, non-expandable
- Rear Camera: 108MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS + 13MP, f/2.4, 123˚ (ultrawide) + 2MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Secondary Camera: 20MP, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Li-Po 4,780mAh, non-removable; Fast charging 33W, 100% in 56 min (advertised); fast wireless charging 30W, 100% in 69 min (advertised); reverse wireless charging 10W; power delivery 3.0; Quick Charge 4+
- Color: Titanium Black, Ice Blue, Pearl White
Xiaomi Mi 10S Price and Availability
Available in Titanium Black, Ice Blue, and Pearl White colors, the Xiaomi Mi 10S goes for a price of CNY 3,299 — it’s around NPR 59,123 in Nepal — for an 8/128GB model and CNY 3,799 (~NPR 68,085) for 12/256GB memory configuration.
Official sales are slated to begin from tomorrow, while the company is also providing a free 30W wireless charger to the early buyers. However, there is no word for international availability yet.