The Redmi lineup from Xiaomi gets a new addition, the Redmi 10 with a 90Hz display, MIUI 12.5 OS, and Helio G88 processor. Priced less than around $155, here’s all the detail you want to know about the device.
Redmi 10 Overview
The Redmi 10 comes with a 6.5-inch LCD panel with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and around 405PPI density lying underneath a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 layer.
Running on MIUI 12.5 atop Android 11, it’s powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 processor paired with 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of onboard storage. However, there’s no external memory expansion option.
Moving on to the optics, there is a quad-camera setup at the rear panel, which includes an f/1.8 50MP wide lens with PDAF, an f/2.2 8MP ultrawide unit, an f/2.4 2MP macro shooter, and an f/2.4 2MP depth sensor while a single f/2.0 8MP wide camera at the front for selfies.
For connectivity, the device uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, Infrared port, FM radio, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm audio jack. On top of that, there’s a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for your convenience.
Out of the box, the phone has a 5,000mAh battery that keeps the lights on with 18W fast charging and 9W reverse wired charging.
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD panel, 90Hz, 20:9 ratio (~405PPI density)
- Resolution: 2400 x 1080 pixels (~83.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2 x 2.0GHz Cortex-A75 & 6 x 1.8GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB/6GB, 64GB/128GB; non-expandable
- Rear Camera: Quad — 50MP, f/1.8 (wide), PDAF + 8MP, f/2.2, 120-degree FoV (ultrawide) + 2MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2MP, f/2.4 (depth)
- Front Camera: Single — 8MP, f/2.0 (wide)
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Li-Po 5,000mAh, non-removable, 18W fast charging, 9W reverse charging
- Color: Carbon Gray, Pebble White, Sea Blue
Redmi 10 Price and Availability
The Redmi 10 starts at a price of $180 (around NPR 21,499 in Nepal) for the 4GB/64GB configuration, $200 (~NPR 23,999) for the 4GB/128GB model, and $220 (~NPR 26,499) for the 6GB/128GB variant.
However, it is all set to launch in the Malaysian market for as low as MYR650 that converts to around NPR 18,999 in Nepal for the vanilla model. The highest version will cost MYR 750 (~NPR 21,499).
Since we are yet to know about the availability in Nepal, we will have to wait till it launches to know how it goes for the pricing.