Oppo, today, extends its smartphone lineup in Nepal with the new Oppo A16, a successor to the A15 which was surprisingly unveiled earlier this year. The entry-level phone brings some changes inside and outside over its predecessor.
First off, the main part is that the phone now has MediaTek’s Helio G35, instead of the P35 on the A15, which gives it an edge over last year’s model, albeit not so big. The processor is backed up by 3GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage which is expandable via a microSD card.
To the front, we have a 6.52-inch HD+ LCD with a notch at the top that holds an 8MP selfie camera. Meanwhile, at the back, there’s a set of three cameras with the main one being a 13MP sensor followed by a 2MP macro and 2MP depth units.
- Display: 6.52 inches IPS LCD, ~83.0% screen-to-body ratio, 480 nits
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- OS: Android 11, ColorOS 11.5
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4 x 2.3GHz Cortex-A53 and 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage; expandable via microSDXC
- Primary Camera: Triple — 13MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF + 2MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Secondary Camera: Single — 8MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery: Li-Po 5,000mAh, non-removable; 10W charging
The smartphone boots on Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1 out of the box, while inside it has a 5,000mAh battery that charges over a Type-C port. There’s also a side-mounted fingerprint scanner instead of the rear on the A15, and a 3.5mm headphone jack for your convenience.
Oppo A16 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Oppo A16 carries a price tag of NPR 18,990 in Nepal for the only 3GB/32GB variant. The phone is already available for sale across major retailers in Nepal.