The new Poco M5 has officially been launched in Nepal. The low-mid ranger boasts a 6.58-inch FHD+ screen, Helio G99 processor, and a 50MP main camera. The smartphone is available in 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB memory variants, both at discounted prices for the ongoing festive season.
About the launch, Mr. Amit Kumar Panda, the Country General Manager, POCO Nepal said, “POCO never fails to pack outstanding experiences for their growing pool of young techies, but with amazing value in mind, the POCO M5 is no different. Our POCO M5 break the stereotype that a value phone can’t support a brilliant gaming or audio-visual experience. It is a true testament to our team’s unwavering efforts to deliver the most exciting creations for tech enthusiasts at industry-leading price levels.”
Here we will take a brief overview of Poco M5 followed by its price in Nepal and availability.
Poco M5 Overview
The Poco M5 carries a 6.58-inch IPS LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 500 nits peak brightness, 1,080 x 2,408 pixels resolution, and a 20:9 aspect ratio protected underneath a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 layer.
Running on MIUI 13 atop Android 12, the handset is powered by a MediaTek Helio G99 chip based on 6nm process paired with 4GB or 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB or 128GB of UFS 2.2 onboard storage. The processor is octa-core with two 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 cores and six 2.0GHz Cortex-A55 cores. Similarly, there is a Mali-G57 MC2 GPU for graphical processing.
As for the optics, there is a triple camera setup at the back comprising an f/1.8 50MP wide sensor with PDAF, an f/2.4 2MP macro shooter, and an f2.4 2MP depth unit. Meanwhile, the front gets an f/2.2 5MP wide snapper for selfies. Both the rear and front modules can capture up to 1080p videos at 30fps.
The connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, FM radio, USB Type-C 2.0, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
A non-removable Li-Po 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support keeps the lights on.
- Display: 6.58-inch IPS LCD, 90Hz refresh rate, 500 nits peak brightness
- Resolution: 1,080 x 2,408 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: Android 12, MIUI 13
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G99 (6nm), Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, expandable via dedicated microSDXC slot
- Rear Camera: Triple – 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF + 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Front Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Li-Po 5,000mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 18W fast charging
- Color: Cool Blue, Power Black, POCO Yellow
Poco M5 Price in Nepal and Availability
The new Poco M5 is priced at NPR 19,999 for 4GB/64GB and NPR 23,999 for 6GB/128GB memory config. It’s available for purchase at authorized retail stores across Nepal.
|Poco M5 memory config||Price in Nepal (NPR)|