The B2B matchmaking program is a great way to generate leads for your business. It’s not only a fun activity for attendees, but it also allows you to connect with potential customers without having to take up their time with sales pitches or demos.
In this post, I’ll discuss the different types of B2B matchmaking programs that are popular at events today. We’ll cover everything from how they work, what their benefits are and how you can set one up yourself at your next event!
- 1 What are the Benefits of B2B Matchmaking?
- 2 How to Set Up a B2B Matchmaking Program
- 3 How to Build a High-Value List of Potential Attendees and Sponsors
- 4 How to Create a Great Experience for Your Attendees and Sponsors
- 5 Importance of B2B Matchmaking Platform for B2B Events
- 6 A Well-Run B2B Matchmaking Program Can be a Key Part of Your Conference’s Success
- 7 Conclusion
What are the Benefits of B2B Matchmaking?
Here are the top two reasons why you should consider incorporating B2B matchmaking into your next event:
- Increase the quality of attendees. Matchmakers are experts at matching attendees based on their needs and goals. They can help ensure that you get a higher quality set of people attending, which will lead to more meaningful connections and better conversations.
- Increase the quality of sponsorships. When organizers have a better understanding of what their audience wants, they’re more likely to attract high-quality sponsors who align with those interests – and these sponsors are likely to stick around longer because they’re getting such great results from being involved in the event! This also means that there will be more companies interested in sponsoring future events, since they know what kind of ROI they’ll get from investing in them now (which makes everyone happy).
How to Set Up a B2B Matchmaking Program
B2B matchmaking is a great way to get the most out of your event and make sure it’s a success. B2B matchmaking can help you get more attendees, sponsors and revenue by providing opportunities for people in specific industries or roles to connect with each other.
Here are some steps to set up a successful B2B matchmaking program:
- Identify the right audience.
- Recruit participants for your matchmaking program, either through a form or by handpicking them from your database or other sources.
- Decide on a format for the event and choose an appropriate venue (e.g., hotel ballroom).
- Send out invitations to attendees at least one month in advance of the event date (two weeks is ideal).
How to Build a High-Value List of Potential Attendees and Sponsors
The first step to building a successful B2B matchmaking program is to build a high-value list of potential attendees and sponsors. You can do this by using a matchmaking platform, or you can use a database of contacts or leads.
You may be wondering: why would I want to use one method over another? The answer is simple: it depends on your goals and how much time you have available! Let’s take a look at all three options before deciding which one works best for your event.
If you have limited time and resources, then using a matchmaking platform is probably the best option. These platforms allow you to quickly import your existing database of contacts and leads into their system so that they can begin matching them with other companies who are looking for similar attendees or sponsors. The benefit of this method is that it doesn’t require any additional work on your part once the event has been planned; all you have to do is sit back and watch as attendees sign up for your event!
How to Create a Great Experience for Your Attendees and Sponsors
Now that you have a list of potential attendees and sponsors, it’s time to create a great experience for them. This is where you can really differentiate yourself from other events.
The first step in creating an amazing B2B matchmaking program is to ensure that your event feels like an efficient use of their time, so they are able to maximize their networking opportunities during the event itself. You want to do this by making sure there are plenty of opportunities for attendees and sponsors who have been matched up at previous events or through other means (such as LinkedIn or email) before arriving onsite, so they don’t feel like they wasted their time coming into town just for this one occasion alone!
Importance of B2B Matchmaking Platform for B2B Events
B2B matchmaking programs can be a great way to boost your event’s engagement and ROI. But it’s not enough to just set up the program, you need to make sure you’re doing everything right.
Here are some tips for creating successful B2B matchmaking programs for your online events:
- Find a dedicated online B2B matchmaking events tool that lets attendees register for the event and share their contact information with sponsors in one place.
- Build a high-value list of potential attendees and sponsors by collecting their contact details during registration (and after). This will help you build relationships with both parties before they arrive at your event so when they do show up, there’s already some trust between them and you!
A Well-Run B2B Matchmaking Program Can be a Key Part of Your Conference’s Success
That’s because it provides you with an opportunity to build relationships between potential partners and generate leads, which can help you reach your goals for the event.
But how do you get started?
First, you need to determine what your goals are. Are you looking for strategic partnerships, sales leads, or both? If it’s the latter two, think about how many leads you’d like to generate and how that fits into your overall goals for the event. If this is your first time running a B2B matchmaking program, start small—maybe with 30-40 potential partners in total. That way, you can take note of what works well and what doesn’t before expanding the program next year.
Once you’ve determined the scope of your program, start thinking about the logistics. Who will be running it? What is their role, and what do they need to know in order to run the event successfully? Will there be one or multiple events on different days? Do you have enough space and time for each session? If not, think about how you can adjust your schedule so that all of your time slots are full.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your networking at events, consider adding a B2B matchmaking program. It can help you connect with other businesses in a more meaningful way, and it might just boost your sales and lead generation!