In Q2 2020, Sony released a successor to the Sony WH-1000XM3, its best noise-canceling headphone coming from 2018, the Sony WH-1000XM4 with significant improvements including multipoint pairing, DSEE Extreme upscaling, conversational awareness, and auto-play/pause using a built-in sensor. On the downside, they are not water-resistant.
The new Sony WH-1000XM4 headphone is now finally available in Nepal. Let’s give you a quick review of the headsets followed by its price in Nepal and availability.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 brings in the same design and ergonomics while gets multipoint pairing, DSEE Extreme upscaling, exceptional codec support, and updated mics for clearer calls.
We are witnessing the company’s own 360 Reality Audio format and LDAC codec, hence delivering spatial audio on stereo headphones and bitrate maxing out to 990 kbps respectively. Albeit we are missing out on aptX or aptX HD support.
As for the battery, the new headsets don’t bring in any enhancements. It lasts 30 hours with a noise-canceling mode on and 38 hours with noise canceling off. It supports quick charging — charging up to five hours of listening time in 10 minutes. Well, it still goes one-on-one with the competitors.
- Headphone Type: Closed, Dynamic
- Driver Unit: 1.57-inch, dome type (CCAW Voice Coil)
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Active Operation): 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- Cord Type: Single-sided (detachable)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Battery Charging Time: Approx. 3 hours (Full Charge)
- Battery Charge Method: USB
- Battery Life (continuous music playback time with internal memory): Max 30 hours (NC ON), Max. 38 hours (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (waiting time): Max. 30 hours (NC ON), Max. 200 hours (NC OFF)
Sony WH-1000XM4 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Sony WH-1000XM4 price in Nepal is NPR 54,000 with a one-year warranty and a 10% discount this festive season.