Sony revealed a new mid-range smartphone called the Sony Xperia 10 IV together with a high-range Sony Xperia 1 IV. The Xperia 10 IV inherits its design from its precursor while shipping with a Snapdragon 695 chipset paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
Here we will take a brief overview of the new Sony Xperia IV followed by its expected price as well as availability in Nepal.
Sony Xperia IV
The Sony Xperia 10 IV comes with a 6.0-inch Triluminous OLED display with 2,520 x 1,080 pixels resolution, 60Hz refresh rate, and a 21:9 aspect ratio. There is a Gorilla Glass Victus layer at the top for protection. The body has a dimension of 153 x 67 x 8.3mm with the entire frame made up of plastic. However, Xperia 10 IV is IP65/IP68 certified for dust and water resistance.
Running on Android 12 OS, the handset is powered by a Snapdragon 695 SoC based on 6nm fabrication coupled with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage that is expandable via a hybrid SIM card slot. The CPU is octa-core with 2 2.2GHz Kryo 660 Gold and 6 1.7GHz Kryo 660 Silver cores. An Adreno 619 unit takes care of the graphics.
As for the optics, there is a triple camera setup at the back including an f/1.8 12MP wide lens with PDAF and OIS, an f/2.2 8MP ultra-wide snapper with 120º field of view, and finally an f/2.2 8MP telephoto unit with 2x optical zoom.
Similarly, the front gets an f/2.0 8MP wide camera with HDR housed inside a punch-hole at the top.
The device uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C 3.1, and a 3.5mm audio jack for connectivity.
A 5,000mAh cell with 30W fast charging keeps the lights on. The battery also supports Quick Charge and USB Power Delivery.
- Display: 6.0-inch OLED panel, 60Hz refresh rate, 1B colors, HDR
- Resolution: 2,520 x 1,080 pixels, 21:9 aspect ratio, (~457ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- OS: Android 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G (6nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage; expandable via microSDXC using shared SIM slot
- Rear Camera: Triple — 12MP, f/1.8 wide, OIS + 8MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide, 120º FOV + 8MP, f/2.2 telephoto (2x optical zoom)
- Front Camera: Single — 8MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C, Dual-SIM (Nano)
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: Li-Po 5,000mAh
- Charging: 30W fast charging
- Color: Black, White, Mint, Lavender
Sony Xperia 10 IV Expected Price in Nepal and Availability
The new Sony Xperia 10 IV is already up for pre-order on the official website of Sony Japan at 64,152 Yen (~NPR 69,999). It’s slated to release around mid-June 2022.
|Sony Xperia 10 IV Memory Variant||Price in Nepal (Expected)|