The OnePlus 10 Pro is finally official in China. It’s a substantial enhancement over the predecessor boasting the latest processor from Qualcomm, not to mention fast charging, smoother refresh rate, and second-gen LTPO display panel.
Here, we take a detailed overview of the device followed by its price and availability.
OnePlus 10 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro has a 6.7-inch LTPO2 AMOLED display with 3,216 x 1,440 pixels resolution accompanied by a 120Hz refresh rate, 1B colors, and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display gets a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection too.
The handset runs on ColorOS 12.1 built on top of Android 12.1 whilst powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 processor based on 4nm fabrication. An Adreno 730 GPU unit takes care of the graphics. You get 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage.
The phone has a triple camera setup at the rear including an f/1.8 48MP wide snapper with omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF, and OIS together with an f/2.4 8MP telephoto sensor with PDAF, OIS, and 3.3x optical zoom, and an f/2.2 50MP 150-degree ultrawide unit with AF.
The rear setup supports Hasselblad Color Calibration, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, and panorama. Also, it supports video recording up to 8K at 30fps, 4K at 30, 60, or 120fps, and 1080p at 30, 60, or 240fps.
Coming to the front, there is a single f/2.2 32MP wide shooter with auto-HDR.
In terms of audio, the device boasts stereo speakers with 24-bit/192kHz audio support. There is no 3.5mm headphone jack though.
Other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 3.1.
OnePlus 10 Pro carries a 5,000mAh battery with support for an impressive 80W fast charging (one of the best in its class), 50W fast wireless charging, as well as reverse wireless charging. It gets USB Power Delivery as well.
- Display: 6.7 inches LTPO2 AMOLED panel, 108.4 cm2 (~90.0% screen-to-body ratio), 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500nits (typ), 800nits (HBM), 1,300nits (peak)
- Resolution: 3,216 x 1,440 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio
- OS: Android 12.1, ColorOS 12.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1 x 3.00GHz Cortex-X2 & 3 x 2.50GHz Cortex-A710 & 4 x 1.80GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 8GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB, 12GB/256GB
- Rear Camera: Triple — 48MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 8MP, f/2.4, 77mm (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3.3x optical zoom + 50MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 150˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, AF
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery: Li-Po 5,000 mAh, non-removable; 80W charging; 50W wireless charging; reverse wireless charging; USB power delivery
- Color: Black, Green
OnePlus 10 Pro Price and Availability
OnePlus 10 starts at a price of CNY 4,699 (around NPR 89,999 in Nepal) for 8GB/128GB and CNY 5,297 (~NPR 99,999) for 12GB/256GB in China. With pre-orders already kicked off, it’s scheduled to go on the first flash on 13 January.
While OnePlus is yet to announce its international availability, the OnePlus 10 Pro will most probably go official as of Spring 2022 outside China, which is when you’ll most probably get to see it in Nepal as well.