Last month, Vivo teased the launch of its new entry-level phone, Vivo Y20 in Nepal. Today, the company has finally taken the wrap off the device exclusively via Daraz. The Vivo Y20 powers on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor coupled with 3GB RAM and 64GB onboard storage.
The phone carries an AI triple macro camera setup at the back, a massive 5,000mAh battery with AI power-saving technology and reverse charging, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and face unlock technology as a security alternative.
Vivo Nepal, regarding the launch, stated, “We are strengthening our Y series family with the latest addition of Y20 packed with loads of features in the camera, big battery, eye-popping colors and ultra-game mode for a complete smartphone experience for users in the mid-range price segment. As an evolving youth-centric brand, we are continuously innovating to deliver stylish smartphones infused with trendsetting technologies at the most competitive price points. Keeping in mind user’s day-to-day lives, Y20 has been designed to be user-friendly, supports various multimedia activities with eye protection screen and gaming functions with large size battery and strong processor.”
Let’s show you a brief overview of the device followed by its price in Nepal and availability.
Vivo Y20 Overview
The Vivo Y20 comes with a 6.51-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1600 pixels resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio.
It powers on 11nm based octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor paired with 3GB RAM, 64GB eMMC 5.1 onboard storage, and Adreno 610 GPU whilst boots on Funtouch 10.5 atop Android 10.
At the back of the device lies a triple camera setup comprising a 13MP wide, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth sensor. Similarly, at the front is a single 8MP single sensor.
The Y20 uses a humongous 5,000mAh cell with 18W fast charging to keep the lights on.
Other features include a loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP and LE, FM radio, and micro USB 2.0 with USB On-The-Go, and Ultra-Gaming mode.
- Display: 6.51 inches, 102.3 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 (11 nm); Octa-core (4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 240 & 4 x 1.6GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- OS: Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Memory: 3GB/64GB, expandable up to 256GB via dedicated microSDXC
- Primary Camera: Triple – 13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF + 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Secondary Camera: Single — 8 MP, wide
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery: Li-Po 5,000mAh, non-removable; 18W Fast Charging
- Colors: Obsidian Black, Dawn White
Vivo Y20 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Vivo Y20 has launched exclusively in Daraz at a price NPR 20,990 for the 3GB/64GB variant, available in Obsidian Black and Dawn White colors. Meanwhile, the device will be available for purchase offline starting 2 October.
|Vivo Mobile Phone||Price in Nepal (NPR)|
|Vivo Y20||20,990 (Daraz Exclusive)|