Amidst leaks and rumours, HMD Global has finally unveiled the new Nokia 6 (2018) in China. Being a successor to last year’s Nokia 6, the phone rather comes with a slight revamp, especially in the hardware.
There’s a 5.5-inch Full-HD display protected with a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Inside sits the upgraded Snapdragon 630 chipset with 4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of eMMC 5.1 internal storage. Of course, the storage is expandable via microSD card.
As for the camera, the phone comes with a 16MP sensor at the rear with 1.0um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, and dual-LED flash. For selfies, the front shines an 8MP camera with 84-degree wide angle lens and f/2.0 aperture. The sensor makes use of the phone’s dual-sight technology, allowing users to take images and videos using both cameras at the same time — simply known as Bothie.
The phone’s unibody design made with 6000 series aluminium screams premium, while at the same time giving you the vibe of Nokia’s sturdiness back in the day. Likewise, the company has shifted its fingerprint scanner on the back from the front in favour of much cleaner looks and on-screen buttons.
The Nokia 6 (2018) comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Android 8.0 Oreo on the line. It packs a 3,000mAh battery with fast charging capability. For pricing, the Nokia 6 (2018) can be purchased for 1499 yuan for 32GB variant and 1699 yuan for the 64GB variant. Expect the phone to arrive in Nepal with a base price of around 25,000.
Nokia 6 (2018) Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920×1080 pixel resolution, 2.5D curved glass, gorilla glass 3.
- Rear camera: 16MP rear camera, 1.0um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash.
- Front camera: 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12 pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat; upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Chipset: Snapdragon 630, 2.2GHz Octa-core.
- GPU: Adreno 508 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 32/64GB of eMMC 5.1 storage.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Po battery; Fast charging.