Samsung’s A-series lineup in Nepal gets a new ‘s’ upgrade; this time it’s the Galaxy A50s — an iterative upgrade of the already existing Galaxy A50.
Iterative in a sense that this one offers a minor upgrade over what is already available on the A50. The device carries the same 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a bit higher screen-to-body ratio (85.1% vs 84.9% on A50) but a same 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
The internals also remains almost same with Exynos 9611 over the Exynos 9610 found on Galaxy A50, while the Mali-G72 MP3 GPU — also seen on A50 — is still present here.
The only major difference can be seen in terms of the camera. The Galaxy A50s sports an upgraded 48MP f/2.0 normal sensor with Night mode as opposed to 25MP seen on the A50. However, the rest of the sensors are the same, i.e. an 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide camera and 5MP f/2.2 depth sensor. The front also sees an upgrade with a 32MP f/2.0 selfie camera.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen, capacitive touch
- Resolution: Full HD+, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, (~403 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU:Octa-core (4 × 2.3GHz Cortex-A73 & 4 × 1.6GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Memory: 6GB/128GB; storage expandable up to 512GB via microSD card
- Primary Camera: Triple-Camera: 48MP, f/2.0, PDAF + 8MP Ultra-wide-angle, f/2.2 + 5MP depth sensor, f/2.2; LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 32MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (in-display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Li-Po battery; non-removable, 15W fast charging
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 42,190
Other than that, the device does not possess as much difference to the Galaxy A50. It still runs on the Android 9 Pie out of the box and has the same 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support. The in-display fingerprint scanner is also accounted for.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Price in Nepal
Despite the minimal changes, the pricing, on the other hand, is quite unfavorable. The 6/128GB variant of the phone can be purchased for Rs. 42,190 in Nepal. The Samsung Galaxy A50s would have been a much better buy if it was available around 35-38,000 in Nepal, but that’s just our saying.