Samsung has announced the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 with enhanced camera, added features, and much more. Unlike all the previous iterations, the new Galaxy Z Fold 4 is centered towards convenience. For a quick recap, the first two generations of Samsung Galaxy Z were focused at giving the foldable smartphone experience while the third generation catered at multitasking and S Pen support.
Here we will be taking a brief look at the Z Fold 4 followed by its specifications and price.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 is short by 3.1mm than the descendant, standing at 7.6-inches in size. The screen resolution numbers 1,812 x 2176 pixels. Similarly, its a foldable dynamic AMOLED 2X panel with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, and 1,200 nits peak brightness.
As for the cover display, it’s a 6.2-inch dynamic AMOLED 2X screen with similar refresh rate, 904 x 2316 pixels resolution, 23.1:9 aspect ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ for protection.
Running on One UI 4.1.1 on top of Android 12L, Z Fold 4 is powered by Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor based on 4nm fabrication coupled with 12GB RAM and 256GB, 512GB or 1TB UFS 3.1 storage. The CPU is octa-core with a 3.19GHz Cortex-X2 core, three 2.75GHz Cortex-A710 cores, and four 1.80GHz Cortex-A510 cores.
Moving on, the handset carries a triple camera array at the back comprising an f/1.8 50MP wide, an f/2.4 10MP telephoto, and an f/2.2 12MP ultrawide sensor. The rear module is capable of capturing 4K videos at 60fps, 1080p videos at 60/240fps, and 720p videos at 960fps.
Under the display is an f/1.8 4MP wide sensor while the cover gives room to an f/2.2 10MP wide snapper too.
For connectivity, you get Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 3.2.
A Li-Po 4,400mAh non-removable battery keeps the lights on. The cell supports 25W fast charging that can go from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes as advertised. There are support for 15W fast wireless charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging too.
Dimensions: unfolded: 155.1 x 130.1 x 6.3 mm, folded: 155.1 x 67.1 x 14.2-15.8 mm
Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus+) (folded), plastic front (unfolded), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+), aluminum frame
Features: IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins), Armour aluminum frame with tougher drop and scratch resistance (advertised), Stylus support
- Display: 7.6 inches, 183.2 cm2 (~90.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1812 x 2176 pixels (~373 ppi density)
- Cover display: Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+, 6.2 inches, 904 x 2316 pixels, 23.1:9 ratio
- OS: Android 12L, One UI 4.1.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 670
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 12GB RAM
- Camera: Triple — 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1.0µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1.0µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- Selfie Camera: Single — 4 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 2.0µm, under display
- Cover Camera: 10 MP, f/2.2, 24mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.22µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Bixby natural language commands and dictation, Samsung DeX (desktop experience support), Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Battery: Li-Po 4400 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), 15W fast wireless charging, 4.5W Reverse wireless charging
- Color: Graygreen, Phantom Black, Beige, Burgundy
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Price in Nepal and Availability
Slated to release on 26 August 2022, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 starts at €1,800 for the base variant (12GB/256GB), €1,920 for the 12GB/512GB variant, and €2,160 for the 12GB/1TB variant.
In Nepal the price could start anywhere at NPR 2,24,999, NPR 2,34,999, and NPR 2,54,999 for the respective memory config. Though, the smartphone will launch in Nepal, we are yet to know the official date.
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 memory variant||Expected Price in Nepal (NPR)|