Back in March 2019, Samsung had launched its Galaxy A30 smartphone. And now Samsung has come up with a Galaxy A30s in Nepal bringing enhancement in the camera from a dual real lens set-up to a triple-lens set-up, introducing an under-display fingerprint sensor to a physical fingerprint scanner, and also the design.
Samsung Mobile Business Head, Mr. Pranaya Ratna Sthapit says, “As a global leader in technology, we are dedicated to providing meaningful innovations to our consumers. Our coolest new Galaxy A30s has been designed to elevate the smartphone experience of young millennials and Gen Z to the next level.” He also added, “These new smartphones empower the users to remain on-the-go and thereby encapsulate the philosophy of ‘Ready for Live’ for the Gen Z.”
While the A30s have not brought any changes over the processor and battery used, flaunting the same 14nm based Exynos 7904 SoC and a 4000mAh cell with a 15W fast charging capability.
However, the A30s does include an AI-based Game booster for an enhanced gaming experience, which Samsung acclaims to not to worry about the battery life. The phone gets a sleek design here and available in three different colors – Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White and Prism Crush Violet.
On the camera side, the A30s boasts a triple rear camera set-up including a 25MP main sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide sensor, and a 5MP depth sensor. The device carries a 6.4-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-V display.
Moreover, the phone is provided with “Knox Security” that is said to keeping users’ content safe without compromising the design. It’s available in 4GB/128GB memory configuration in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy A30s Specs Highlights
- Display: 6.4-inch HD+ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio (~268 PPI)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 (14 nm)
- CPU:Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB storage; expandable via dedicated microSD card up to 1TB
- Primary Camera: 25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, non-removable, 15W fast charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Colors: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White and Prism Crush Violet
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 31,890
While some areas including the camera, design, security are enhanced, the all-new Samsung Galaxy A30s doesn’t seem to provide justice in areas like the display and the processor. Also, the price-tag of Rs. 31,890 is a bit more while competitors seem to offer a much better display and processor in the same price range.
Anyway, it all falls on personal preference whether you want to buy the new A30s or not. Let’s call it a device that could have done a lot better but left some significant aspect unimproved.
The Galaxy A30s is available on Samsung Brand shops and retails stores across the nation starting from 20 October 2019.