Huawei Y9 2018 has been unveiled at a dedicated event held in Kathmandu, Nepal. The mid-ranger, which was recently available for pre-booking in Nepal has now made its way to the shelves of Nepali market. Huawei also launched the budget alternative of the phone — Y7 Pro 2018 — in the event.
Like Huawei’s recent launches, the crown jewel of the Y9 2018 is none other than its quad-camera — two at the front and back. The dual-camera setup at the rear comprises of the 13MP f/2.0 lens and a 2MP sensor; both support PDAF. For selfies, the front shines a dual 16MP f/2.2 and a 2MP sensor capable of recording videos at 1080p.
Inside is the Kirin 659 chipset — as seen in the Nova 2i — paired up with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The display of the phone measures at 5.93-inches resulting in an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.
The meticulously built phone also houses a fingerprint scanner at the rear, while a 4,000mAh battery is powering the needs and necessity. Running out of the box is the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on top of Huawei’s EMUI 8.0 UI.
Huawei Y9 2018 Price in Nepal
The Huawei Y9 2018 can be purchased for Rs. 25,900 in Nepal through retailers located across the nation. Or you could just opt-in for a similar alternative known as the Huawei Nova 2i.
Huawei Y9 2018 Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.93-inch IPS LCD screen; 18:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels (~407 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 659
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP2
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo; EMUI 8.0
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB storage; expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- Primary Camera: Dual-Camera (13 MP + 2 MP), Phase Detection AutoFocus, LED flash; f/2.0 aperture
- Secondary Camera: Dual-camera (16 MP + 2 MP); f/2.2
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4,000 mAh battery
Huawei Y9 2018 Price in Nepal: Rs. 25,900