Samsung has launched a new iteration to the Galaxy M20, the Galaxy M21 with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen, a 48MP primary sensor, and a humongous 6,000mAh cell. Samsung seems confident putting forward the 6,000mAh battery as a unique selling proposition for the Galaxy M21 and the Galaxy M31, released at the same time.
The new Samsung Galaxy M21 carries a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The display lies underneath a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
The device gets its power from the 10nm based Exynos 9611 octa-core chipset and runs on the Android 10 with One UI 2 on top. It uses UFS 2.1 storage with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of onboard storage and a dedicated microSDXC slot for expansion.
The M21 comes with a triple camera setup — a 48MP wide, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 5MP depth sensor with LED flash, panorama, and HDR at the back while a single 20MP wide sensor with HDR at the front for selfies. It does incorporate a loudspeaker and a 3.5mm jack.
Coming to the selling point as advertised, the device boasts a massive Li-Po 6,000mAh battery with 15W fast charge support. It comes in Midnight Blue and Raven Black colors.
Mr. Pranaya Ratna Sthapit, the Mobile Business Head at Samsung Nepal about the M21 said, “Galaxy M has gone on to become the most popular brand for Samsung in Nepal in a very short span of time, thanks to the love of thousands of young consumers in the country. Today, Galaxy M is synonymous with powerful specs and consumer-centric innovations. Galaxy M21 represents the best of M series; it combines a powerful battery, great cameras, and stunning screen into an attractive package for Nepal’s next generation. These features have been designed to help Gen Z and young millennial life a fast and organized life.”
The Galaxy M21 comes with an “Alive”, a finder feature allowing users to quickly search and find app contents across entertainment, e-commerce, food, and travel, etc. within apps that are installed in the device. Meanwhile, its “Smart Crop” feature can detect particular segments within screenshots that you can later save, share as well as edit.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Specs
- Display: 6.4-inch Super-AMOLED screen
- Resolution: 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 403 ppi pixel density, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU:Octa-core (4 x 2.3GHz Cortex-A73 & 4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 10, One UI 2
- Storage: 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB, UFS 2.1, dedicated microSDXC slot
- Rear Camera: 48MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm + 5MP, f/2.2, (depth)
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 6,000mAh battery, 15W fast charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Raven Black
Pricing and Availability in Nepal
The Samsung Galaxy M21 costs Rs. 22,999 for the 4GB/64GB variant and Rs. 27,499 for the 6GB/128GB variant in Nepal. It will go on a sale from today via Samsung brand shops and retail stores across the nation.