With the recent launch of F11 Pro OPPO is getting a hold of the premium mid-range market. And this time they have unveiled their new entry-level phone the A5s in Nepal.
The OPPO A5s, as usual with OPPO smartphones, offer a head-turning design that goes well with a waterdrop notch at the front. But this does not warrant it as a proper upgrade to the already available A3s, which has a similar design (minus the notch), the same battery, and even the exact same camera modules.
Let’s get to the basic — a 6.2-inch 720p IPS LCD display with a Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. The minuscule notch is present up top that hosts an 8MP selfie camera. The megapixel count that we have been seeing from OPPO’s front camera is dearly missing here but the AI beautification mode still gets the job done.
Powering the phone is a MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 chipset that is accompanied by either 2GB or 3GB of RAM. Nonetheless, both come with 32GB of onboard storage which is expandable via microSD card.
Out of the box, booting the phone is a dated Android 8.1 Oreo on top of Color OS 5.2. For juice, there’s an impressive 4,230mAh battery.
OPPO A5s Availability and Price in Nepal
The OPPO A5s comes in two variants, thus two different pricing. The one with 2GB/32GB is priced at Rs. 18,990, while the 3GB/32GB variant will cost you 1,000 more — i.e. Rs. 19,990 in Nepal. Color options include Red and Black.
OPPO A5s Specs Highlight
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD, 1520×720 pixel resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio; Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear camera: Dual 13MP (f/2.2) + 2MP (f/2.4); autofocus, LED flash
- Front cameras: 8MP, f/2.2
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo; Color OS 5.0
- Chipset/CPU: MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2/3GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage; expandable up to 256GB
- Battery: 4,230 mAh Li-Ion battery.