PUBG Mobile has become a recent talk of the town among Nepalese teenagers. And following the trend Xiaomi Nepal recently organized a gaming competition, what they call the Redmi K20 Pro PUBG Mobile Gaming Tournament inviting mobile gamers from across the nation.
It gathered a total of 160 teams in qualifying round with 4 players in each that would result in a total of 16 teams for the finale based on the score each team achieved during the qualifying round.
The final round was held at Chaya Center, Kathmandu on 22nd February 2020. Started with the finale itself, the even comprised of surprise gifts, quiz, and price distribution for the attendees.
Here is the list of prizes that the top 5 teams took home:
- 1st team: 50000 cash prize + 20Mbps Vianet Internet Package for 12
- 2nd team: 30000 cash prize + 20Mbps Vianet Internet Package for 6
- 3rd team: 20000 cash prize + 20Mbps Vianet Internet Package for 3
- 4th team: 20Mbps Vianet Internet Package for 3 months
- 5th team: 20Mbps Vianet Internet Package for 3 months
Considering the growing popularity of mobile gaming among Nepalese users, it’s almost certain that a gaming tournament like this is one of the few things from which both brands and consumers can gain welfare; and Xiaomi, no doubt, wholly deserves applause for organizing a gaming event of such magnitude.