As expected, Vatsal Impex, the sole distributors of Xiaomi phones in Nepal has taken the wrap off their new mid-ranger Redmi Note 5A Prime in Nepal. The phone bears some improvements over its predecessor; Redmi Note 5A.
Update: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime is now available for Rs. 18,999 in Nepal.
To outline the specs, the Redmi Note 5A Prime sports a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixel. Thankfully, the display is protected against minor scratches by a layer of Gorilla Glass. Under the hood, there’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 chipset clocked at 1.4GHz and Adreno 505 GPU. The RAM is 3GB, while the onboard storage is 32GB which can be expanded via microSD card.
As for the optics, there’s a 13MP sensor at the back with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and LED flash, whilst selfies are taken care by an impressive 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash at the front.
The phone boots on Android 7.1.2 Nougat layered on top of MIUI 9.0. There’s a 3,080mAh battery expected to last a day long considering its low-res screen. The phone can be purchased for Rs. 22,499 in Nepal through Xiaomi’s official website.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime Specs Highlight
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen; Corning Gorilla Glass
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels (~236 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 505
- OS: Android 7.1.2(Nougat)
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB storage; expandable up to 128GB
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery